Saturday, May 11, 2013

Custom Painted Platforms

Today when I was at Walmart I picked up these canvas platform shoes. They were about $15, but they also had some other canvas shoes for about $6.


I got my paints, some pain brushes, some popsicle sticks to mix the paints, a paper plate, and of course the shoes. It is best to work outside. If you can't work on them outside them be sure to cover your work area with lots of newspaper. 


I worked with one color at a time. I almost didn't have enough pink. I was afraid to make more since I wasn't sure if I would mix in enough white. Thankfully I had just enough to finish. 


Originally I wasn't going to paint the eyelets, but I smeared a little while painting.. so I just painted over them. They didn't take the paint as well as I hoped, but I didn't want to risk over painting them. When painting canvas shoes you really only want to paint one or two layers because the paint will stiffen the shoes up. 



And last I painted on the lavender. Yay~ My three favorite colors. uwu 


While I waited for the paint to dry I went over next door and visited my Grandmother's cat. Her name is Goldie and sadly one of the neighbors left her here when they moved. She's really friendly and Grandma always makes sure she has food and water out. 


Once the paint dried I sprayed the shoes with a glittery sealant. It usually isn't a good idea to wear painted shoes when it rains, but this will help at least protect it from some moister. I sprayed more than I intended so it is suuuuper glittery. 


I'll probably change the laces around, but for now I put the original laces back on and clipped some extra bone clips I had on them~ I might add more decorations in the future. For now I am happy with them. 






1 comment:

  1. Wow i'll have to try this sometime. And yeah I think you should add some flashier laces. Maybe skull print ones..it would add to the creepy cuteness.

    ReplyDelete